Thursday, December 4, 2008

I've Found Jesus.

A while ago, I was involved in a conversation concerning Ryan Adams. I admitted to only having a few of his songs, so my friend gave me copies of "Love is Hell" and "Rock n Roll." Today of all days I finally got to sit down and give a good listen to "Love is Hell" and, well...

this shit is like taking a bullet. 
It is so good that its frightening
I honestly cannot remember the last time I heard an album that is so raw and real that you can actually feel something. 
Kudos, Ryan. I wish there were more real artists like you that can successfully evoke the same emotion in your audience as you had when you recorded it. 
(Key track: "This House Is Not For Sale")

Now, please excuse me while I try to pry myself off the floor and get to class...

No comments: