Monday, August 11, 2008

Besties

When I think about it, 
(even though I don't really have to think about it), 
I have some really amazing friends.
One of them is Miss Ellen Maureen Marks. 
Ellen Maureen Marks was born on September 6, 1987.
We met in Spanish class with Señora Jonés 7 years ago, were on the swim team together and got yelled at together by the Dean of Students when our first published "Flip Side" article was deemed offensive. 
We've pulled a lot of crazy stunts.
We've encountered a lot of awkward things.
And sometimes people say she looks like Maggie Gyllenhaal.
Which I don't think is a bad thing.

But what I love about Ellen is her humor. 
And she humored me greatly today at lunch with this...
"You know what you say to people asking you out via Facebook?
No.
Sure, I've tried it. But try it once and then never again.
Once a boy asked if he could cook me dinner.
I told him, 'My stove is broken.' 
When in reality, it was only one burner.
Another boy said, 'Hey you could stick an envelope of anthrax under my door, or you could just come by to hang out.'
Now that one, he was asking for it.
So, I got an envelope, filled it with baby powder, and, well..."

Basically this girl is amazing
and I doubt that you need any further explanation since you now have the real Ellen M. Marks above. 
I love her greatly and am really glad she is my friend.
And not just a friend, but a best friend.

No comments: