Saturday, August 9, 2008

Summer Jams

I have a big crush on the band below...

They are called Los Campesinos! 
and (in the words of my friend Laurel
they are so neat I can't stand it.
And even though they met while studying at Cardiff University in the UK,
I like to think their story goes something like they were bored one day and just decided to play their instruments and make a lot of noise and then by some crazy chance,
it happened to sound fantastic. 
Who thinks of an opening line like,
"She said, 'Send me stationary to make me horny!'"
They also look like they're a bunch of kids.
Which makes me love them even more. 
Its happy dance party music.
And if you know me, you know I'm ALL about a happy dance party. 

This lady here is Brooklyn darling Santogold.
And though my vote has yet to be officially cast on how I feel about her album,
I must commend her for her single, "L.E.S. Artisties."
Its got a sweet beat, and for me, that's good enough.

No comments: